Sunday, January 6, 2013

Gray & Yellow Dandelion Mailbox

I REALLY want to have our 80s house painted. Don't get me wrong. I love the 80s-Care Bears, My Little Pony, Jem, Jelly Shoes but the 80s color scheme has got to go. I'll give the original home owners props for trying to be different but it is time to retire this design choice.

In my dream world, I want to paint the house charcoal gray, paint the trim white, and paint the door turquoise or peacock blue. Then use pops of yellow accents. Kind of like this:

http://www.designserendipityinteriors.com/2011/05/front-door-adore.html

Since painting the house is not exactly in the budget at the moment, I thought I would start with the mailbox. Last Spring I ditched my Cricut for the Silhouette Cameo and was dying to try a vinyl project. In my search for color inspiration, I came across this thank you card from Stationary Lane on Etsy.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/70296212/10-yellow-and-grey-dandelion-note-cards


How cute is this?! I just love how the dandelions pop against the charcoal gray background. How does this translate to a mailbox? Well, it goes something like this:
I blurred my street name. I've got a little one to keep safe! 

I love it! I can't wait to try out more outdoor vinyl projects this Spring. Stay tuned!

Caroline


No comments:

Post a Comment